In order to provide healthcare services to you, Complete Hand Therapy Malvern will need to collect your personal information. When you complete our “New Client Form” you are providing consent for the staff at Complete Hand Therapy Malvern to collect, use, hold and in some cases share your personal information so they can provide you with the best possible healthcare.
The personal information that we collect about you includes:
- Name, date of birth, address and contact details (email and mobile phone)
- Medicare number
- GP details
- Referral details
- Past Medical History (including medications)
- Third party details: Insurer, Workcover, TAC, employer details
- Emergency contact details
Your personal information will be collected through:
- Online booking form via Cliniko, our booking system or when you send information via the enquiry form on our website
- Communication directly with you in person, or via phone calls, emails and SMS
- Any referrals or letters provided
- Any scan provided
All personal information will be securely stored by:
- Using protected electronic records
- Adhering to strict password and access policies
- All staff and contractors will abide by confidentiality, privacy and computer security agreements
- Securely destroying documents once they have been scanned into your electronic health record
Why does Complete Hand Therapy Malvern need to collect personal information?
Complete Hand Therapy Malvern needs to collect your personal information in order to provide you the best possible treatment.
How will Complete Hand Therapy Malvern use and disclose my information?
We respect that you have trusted us with your personal information and we treat all personal information as strictly private and confidential. We will only use or disclose your personal information where directly relevant to your treatment at Complete Hand Therapy Malvern. At times we will need to share your information with other health care professionals or third parties relevant to the provision of your health care, and where possible your written or verbal consent will be obtained. Disclosure of your personal information can occur when required or authorised by law.
How can you access your personal information?
You are entitled to request access to your medical records held at Complete Hand Therapy Malvern. You can contact us in person, via phone or email if you would like to access your medical records. We will review your request and authorise release of information.
How can you ask for a correction to your personal information?
If any of your personal information needs to be updated please notify staff at Complete Hand Therapy Malvern and we will update your personal information immediately.
Concerns and Complaints
In regards to the use and storage of your personal information, we take your concerns and complaints very seriously. If you have any concerns or complaints, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and condition
- Private clients are required to pay their invoice in full on the day of their appointment.
- Clients covered under TAC or Worksafe are required to provide their claim number in order for their invoice to be sent to a third party.
- If you do not have a TAC or Worksafe claim number on the day of your appointment, you will be required to pay your account in full on the day and then apply personally for a reimbursement from your third party.
- TAC and Workcover clients are liable for paying their account if their claim is rejected by the insurer.
- Workcover clients will need to provide their employee details, including best contact person, phone number and email address.
- 24 hours' notice for all cancellations is required, so appointments can be allocated to other clients. Fees may occur if you fail to attend your appointment or fail to provide at least 24 hours' notice of cancellation.
- After your initial consultation a letter will be sent to your referrer, outlining your care and treatment plan.